[stylist] Since we apparently don't get the difference between harping and explaining

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 01:29:18 UTC 2011

I'm tired of defending myself to someone who constantly accuses me of
being close-minded and not listening to other's opinions.  I want to
clear my name and then I'm done exchanging ideas and opinions with those
who misinterpret everything.

You said I was essentially pointing a finger at you and making claims,
like the canes on airplanes example, about what you believe and don't
believe.  You say I won't drop your former position, but I was not
trying to spotlight any of your positions in my last post.

My only mission was to explain that I was addressing your post as
written and not taking the discussion to a personal level.  My intention
was not to address your earlier post, but to explain that I was not
personally attacking you.

I am caving to the bait here, I admit, but I'm tired of being told I'm
harping and refusing to get off my soapbox when I was not even
addressing your argument.  I meant to defend my position and to extend
an olive branch to you, but apparently this alluded you.

Sorry if I offended you, but I don't know how to make myself any
clearer.  I reached out in comradorie only to be met with a combative
attitude.  Yes, I brought points up in an attempt to explain why I made
an argument, but I was not trying to reiterate what you said, and I in
fact tried to bring this specific discussion to an end and agree to
respect each other even if we may disagree at times.

So now I'm done.  You may have your soapbox back now, Judith.

Bridgit

Message: 9