[stylist] stylist Digest, Vol 85, Issue 19

Kerry Thompson kethompson1964 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 19:13:00 UTC 2011

Hi friends,

Brad, Andrea Boccelli(sp?) is blind, isn't he? And seems to me I've read
that Diana Crawl(sp?) is visually impaired. She's certainly well known,
at least in Jazz circles. But I agree that one or more of our Music
Division members need to become stars. I'dcertainly buy your records --
oops, that's CDs -- if you made any. Nowadays it's not that hard I
gather. Anyone can put a video up on YouTube. I don't know if just
anyone can put a file up on iTunes, but it probably wouldn't be hard to
find out. Are you on the MusicTalk list? That's the place to discuss
this matter. We have sound engineers and guys who know about the
intricacies of modern recording as well as musicians and songwriters.

Donna, I'm sorry and distressed to hear of your difficulties, surprised
too. Maybe it is a gender thing. Maybe male club owners and the like
find it easier to accept a blind man than a blind woman. I really can't
imagine what the problem is. I've not been on MusicTalk for some time,
so please forgive me for not knowing this. Have you made a CD? It's not
all that unusual for me to see items on local news and magazine programs
about hometown folks, usually women, who've put out a CD. Of course,
that would involve doing PR, YUCK! But it's something to think about as
an end run around uncooperative venues. Just a thought. I'm a
songwriter, not a musician.

Kerry