[stylist] stylist Digest, Vol 85, Issue 15

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 01:27:52 UTC 2011

That's horrible.  Very unfair.

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Donna Hill
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 11:43 AM
To: 'Writer's Division Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [stylist] stylist Digest, Vol 85, Issue 15

Brad and Kerry,
Here's where the male/female differences come into play. Notice that there
aren't any blind women in this list. As a blind musician -- and admittedly
an older one -- I have found it difficult to get true acceptance in the
local music communities where I live. Many people rave over my songs or
voice, but I rarely get an invite to a private party. I've had club owners
say they like my music, but aren't sure people will come out to see "a blind
performer." I've had a lot of great experiences with sighted musicians, but
even the best of them leave me feeling like I'm being held at arm's length.
Donna