[stylist] copyright/publishing questions

harprworker27 at aol.com harprworker27 at aol.com
Tue May 17 19:12:27 UTC 2011

Hi all,
New member here. I know you all are writers, and I'd like to
copyright/publish some "how-to" and resource manuals to sell. I need to
know the best way to save money or do this at no cost to me. I know I'l
pay the $35 for copyright per document/book that's fine, but publishing
seems extremely expensive. Can I copyright a document from 10-300 pages
long and just put a copyright statement on the first page and
distribute via e-mail after the customer has paid, or do I have to
publish? If I have to publish, what's a free or low cost way to do so
and make at least $30 per manual/book in take-home money? I don't want
to give publishers at least half of my profits, so please let me know
what I can do. Also, can I just make it into a website people have to
subscribe to and pay for a one-time subscription to the contents, and
if so, how can I do that? Has anyone sold books online? What's the
easiest, most cost-effective way to accomplish that? Please let me know
any/all info you think would help. Thanks and have a nice day.