[stylist] Blank verse

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 22:01:28 UTC 2011

Jackie,

Hmmm... I did post a definition of blank verse from my Dictionary of
Poetic Terms. This poem I wrote was for a class, and I received an A on
it.  Since the class wasn't a studio and just a fundamentals, the prof
was lax on the rules with blank verse. I too have wondered about the
unrhymed iambic pentameter. I've looked through other poems I wrote for
the class based on specific types of poetry, and they definitely follow
the specific directions and rules, so not sure about blank verse. As
you're a poet, you certainly know what you're speaking about. My prof,
Art Homer, was also a poet, but he also has a very laid back style when
teaching. Thank you for helping me to better understand.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan