[stylist] Poetry-reading Questions

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:07:32 UTC 2011

Braille, or refreshable Braille.

Bookshare poetry books are problematic with respect to extended lines
- that is, if a line goes beyond the space available, the practice is
to finish it below on an indented line.  This is a style that can be
set in save as Daisy or Duxbury, but it is fairly labor-intensive and
therefore never happens in Bookshare books.

Web Braille from NLS has a fair collection of beautifully formatted
electronic Braille poetry books.

NLS (or other) recordings of poetry are  not the same at all as a live
poetry reading; they just don't work for me somehow.
Screen reader - read line by line iwth the arrow keys to get the sense
of line breaks and such.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Dan

--
Sponsor me in this year's National Federation of the Blind Race for
Independence!

http://www.raceforindependence.org/goto/dan.burke

Dan Burke, President
Montana Association for the Blind,
An Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind

My Cell:  406.546.8546