[stylist] Problems with Slate & Style

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 23:48:42 UTC 2011

Dear Stylist and division members,

It has come to my attention that the Whosit logo on the summer 2011
Slate & Style isn't the correct logo. We had downloaded the logo from
national, but when we went to place it in the final issue, the wrong
logo was selected. Slate & Style currently has NFB-Omaha chapter's logo.
This has been corrected, and the correct logo has been placed in a
separate folder so the mistake won't happen again. I apologize for this.

I've also had a couple of communications informing me that the PDF of
Slate & Style distributed electronically hasn't been working for some.
The PDF is accessible, but if it isn't reading properly, or at all, it's
a problem with your individual Adobe Acrobat file, which is the program
used to read PDF's. Please let me know if you've had problems with the
PDF. I used this format since it's a read-only document, but if enough
of a problem exist, I will switch to read-only MS Word documents.

Content wise, I've had very positive feedback. We need the support of
the Writers' Division and Stylist participants in order to grow and
expand Slate & Style.

I apologize for any inconvenience. We're working to restructure Slate &
Style making it a professional publication that can be recognized
outside the Federation. Your feedback and comments are necessary so we
can produce the best publication possible for readers.

If you have questions, comments or concerns, please contact me at
bpollpeter at hotmail.com. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Editor, Slate & Style