[stylist] Please Read my Live Well Column: Meet the Blind Month

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Tue Oct 18 12:01:44 UTC 2011

I concur Jackie

I love the imagery, "shards of memory" etc.  My guess is that someone who has been dear all there lives would not think that deafness is worse than blindness.  The deaf have made there own community using alternative techniques in the spirit of the NFB.  I do agree that we take a lot for granted and are not always aware of how fortunate we are.

The best.

Shawn