[stylist] Mind mapping

The Crowd the_crowd at cox.net
Wed Oct 19 17:35:30 UTC 2011

All right, you guys made me dig out my notes. LOL

Here we go....

I use braille and if you can figure out a way to do it on the computer that
is cool.

So when making your mind map you use emphasis and associations

Sighted people might use color, blind folks punctuation.

It is a way of using associations to figure things out, or plan or memorize
things.

Our brains work in a nonliniar manner, that is why it is hard for some
people who do make lists and bullets.

So, example:

In the center of the page you create you. We'll use the word ME!!

Radiating out from that are keywords like family, health, career, finance. I
make the braille dotted lines on the page connecting me to my keywords.

You would make the keywords special, like family might be capped with
brackets around it. Health might have parenthasies. ETC.

Now you associate words with those keywords.  Take the word finance and from
it comes the word abundence. Maybe because this is what you want. A line
from finance goes to abundence.

>From abundence you write what you want with it, write down an actual figure,
$10.000, for example.

A line connects abundence with $10.000.

Now from the keyword career you put a line  to  what you associate  with it.
If you work in customer service, for example, you might put that down. From
customer service you might associate it with stress. And the stress
associates itself with something in your health area .  Maybe from health
you have High blood pressure. There you have made a connection between your
job and your health.
The lines will eventually make a map of your associations.

You understand how it kind of works?

The important thing is to make the keywords memorable to you in some way.

Hope this helps!

Atty

The point is to So, you draw or put yourself in the iddle of the page.