[stylist] blog help

Homme, James james.homme at highmark.com
Fri Oct 21 16:47:25 UTC 2011

Hi Amy,
When you talk about accessible, you probably know that there are degrees of accessibility, so maybe we should talk about this to see exactly how much help you need.

I have found both Blogger, from Google and Wordpress, from http://www.wordpress.com to be workable. In my opinion, though, for Wordpress, it's better to turn off the visual editor. For Blogger, out of the box, there is no visual editor. Wordpress has more features out of the box, though. You don't have to use them all at once, though.

I was also thinking of setting up a blog, but at wordpress.com. I was going to check to see if I could set up one that isn't public, at least for now.  I was thinking of doing that, because I recently had my second computer crash, and I lost my journal. I was going to keep one on Google Docs, but that doesn't work. I was hoping that I could set up a Wordpress blog, but make it private. That way, I can write from any computer.

Anyway, if you have specific questions, maybe we can walk through getting a blog going and compare notes.

Thanks.

Jim