[stylist] Logistics question: storeage devices

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 23 02:05:59 UTC 2011

Brenda,

For all intense and purposes, SD cards and flash drives are the same-
portable storeage devices. The only thing I caution about using SD cards
is that they have a "Write Protection Tab" on the side that over time
that tab can become faulty which is an inconvenience because if it's set
to "Write Protected," you won't be able to add or delete files from the
SD card. Sometimes the Write Protection Tab slides over, and you can
just slide it back so it turns the Write Protection off, but if it
breaks, you will no longer be able to add or delete files, although you
could copy those files to another storeage device or computer.

SD cards are used for Victor Reader Streams and digital cameras. In
fact, when I bought my Victor, or Victoria as I call it, smile, I took
our camera SD card because it had more storeage than the one my Victor
came with.

Beyond this tab though, there isn't much difference between SD cards and
flash drives.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: