[stylist] Inspired By Jackie, A Cinquain

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Wed Oct 26 00:31:31 UTC 2011

No, a Cinquain does not ordinarily rhyme. You can do it for fun, either
internally or at the end of the line, if you choose. It is fun to do so
Here is one that I have just submitted that sort of does rhyme.
The title is because Adelaide Crapsey invented the American form and has
written the most famous cinquain of all time. Flopsey, Mopsey and (Adelaide)
Crapsey

There be
three thrilling things:
macaroni and cheese.
Manhattans, straight up if you please.
and thee..
I even duplicated per punctuation. I was careful to give her credit via the
title.
Hers is about three silent things and is beautiful and heart breaking.
Mine is the ridiculous and sublime.
Jackie