[stylist] Please read my Live Well column: Soup ingredients

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:54:30 UTC 2011

Cooking is a perfect topic for using sensory descriptions other than the
visual. I've had a lot of positive feedback from sighted people who said
after reading this blog, it was like duh, how simple the process is to
cooking nonvisually.

I made this soup up, though all it is, is a basic potato soup. This is
what I put in it:

Ru as base (butter, flour, milk)
Potatoes
Onion and garlic
Salt and pepper
Bacon (fresh or packaged)
Pepper jack cheese

It's simple and delicious. You can determine how much of each you
require. I do it all on the stovetop.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: