[stylist] Fwd: [Nfb-editors] NFB of Minnesota Bulletin Contest

loristay at aol.com loristay at aol.com
Fri Sep 2 02:20:35 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Scanlan <tom.scanlan at earthlink.net>
To: NFB Editors <nfb-editors at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Thu, Sep 1, 2011 2:17 pm
Subject: [Nfb-editors] NFB of Minnesota Bulletin Contest

At the publications committee at the NFB convention, I mentioned that I get
articles for the NFB of Minnesota newsletter with a contest.   Here is this
year's contest.  It is not limited to Minnesota, so this notice has two
purposes: (1) so other states can see what we are doing, and (2) to give you a
chance to enter and win.

A CONTEST YOU CAN WIN
YOUR WORK PUBLISHED AND MONEY TOO

What? Every year the NFB of Minnesota Metro Chapter sponsors a writing contest
open to everyone. The writer of the winning essay will receive a cash prize of
$75 and publication of the article in the Minnesota Bulletin. Another $50 will
go to the winner of a random drawing from the rest of the essays submitted.

Why? The members of the NFB of Minnesota are the main source of articles for the
Minnesota Bulletin, and have many interesting personal experiences, opinions,
and stories to share. This contest provides a way to share them and maybe win
some cash too. All entries will be considered for publication in the Minnesota
Bulletin.

How? Write an essay about your personal experience as a blind person, a
hard-learned lesson of your life, someone else's adventure dealing with
blindness, an idyllic world with blindness as normal as Federationists know it
to be, a message you wish to share with others -- any topic related to blindness
you long to teach your fellow Federationists!!! It should be long enough to
cover the subject, but short enough to be interesting; usually about 2 or 3
pages.

When? E-mail your writing to Minnesota Bulletin editor Tom Scanlan at
tom.scanlan at earthlink.net by September 19, 2011. The entries will be judged by a
three-person panel, and the winners awarded at the banquet of the Annual
Convention on October 8, 2011.

Who? This statewide essay-writing contest is open to everyone, not just the
Metro Chapter. Set your imagination to work and your fingers to tapping the
computer keyboard, and let's see the editor's e-mail overpowered with essays.

Check out the most recent winners on our website at www.nfbmn.org/contest.html.

Tom Scanlan, Editor
Minnesota Bulletin
National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota