[stylist] Websites and resources

Brad Dunse' lists at braddunsemusic.com
Thu Sep 15 21:25:38 UTC 2011

Bridgit,

Yes I am particularly looking for a blind person actively earning
income doing  this either  full or part-time. Of course though, hey,
I'd never turn down technical or stylistic information from those
who've written but not hired out for $$, but it is  experiences of a
person with his shingle out getting calls from customers and the
challenges they run into meeting deadlines, finding contacts/jobs,
handling the visual aspects/software programs/etc. that I'm
interested in most. I use to work with construction contracts lol no
attorney  or paralegal needed there. Most of that jargon is customer
job tweaked boiler plate type. I'm reading the Well Fed Writer and
while it is a book published in 2000,  it does seem many agencies and
businesses outsource material which their own staff are too busy to
do, or just don't have a staff at all. I'd though tof doing this
years and years ago when I first red about it in a home business
resource. I've been in business pretty much all my life so hopefully
there'd be some aspect to that as well to be utilized. Writing is a
learned skill, self-employment not so much. I have a songwriting
friend who is a copyrighter for Best Buy out here, I may meet up with
him for a Q&A though he isn't blind and pretty busy.

As for  the resource idea, I  guess I wasn't  originally suggesting
it to be a highly technical thing with   steller formatting and etc.
Basically a  working vehicle to get access to information. There ar
pick up truck owners with flash smoke stacks, wheel spinners,
pristine bed liners, designer pin striping, roll bars, fog lights and
heavy duty grills that ride around town on friday nights. And then
there's the farm truck that is scraped  up a bit, bent  trailer
hitch, a couple dents in the front quarter panel where the cow backed
into it, a cracked rear window where a two-by-four got a little too
close, and the back is filled with fence posts. *grin* Of course I'm
not saying for it to be a shambles lol, but I'd suggest start with
something simple like a spreadsheet where it is easily downloaded,
information is easily searched, sorted alphabetically and hyperlinked
to whisk you to the web site desired. If it is used and deemed
valuable by members, then html it???? I wasn't meaning for it to be a
publicly open web page for all writers but more of a wrench in the
NFB Writer's toolbox, right next to the coffee pot lol. But don't let
my comments detract you if that is what folks want to do. Just
looking for a working vehicle :). It might get done if it is easily
developed and maintained. I came 'this close' to just offering to do
it but I  didn't want to commit and not be able to put out, and
didn't want to just say nothing since it would be something  folks
might find helpful as well.

Brad

On 9/15/2011  03:16 PM Bridgit Pollpeter said...