[stylist] Welcome to Stylist, Brenda

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:32:03 UTC 2011

Brenda,

First, welcome to Stylist. We have a great community of writers here who
write in many different forms- meaning we have poets, fiction,
nonfiction, technical, public relations, journalist and many other types
of writing. Whether it's support, advice or questions, we do our best to
provide members with what they need and want.

As the Writers' Division, including Stylist, is a National Federation of
the Blind group, I encourage you to check out, if you haven't already,
the NFB website at:

http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Default.asp

And if you're not connected with your states NFB affiliate, I encourage
you to connect with them as well. You can find affiliate info and
listings on the National website above or of course, we can help provide
you with any information about the NFB.

Second, I'm the editor for Slate & Style, the NFB-Writers' Division
publication. If you join the division, you will receive Slate & Style as
one of the benefits of being a member. Our summer issue should release
by the end of the week, so watch for this issue, and the fall issue will
release in November.

Slate & Style not only provides writers an opportunity to submit their
work for possible publication, but it also has articles that can be
helpful with advice and tips ranging from grammar rules, accessible
style books, helpful how-tos on various writing forms, resources, and
much more.

If you'd like to learn more about Slate & Style, or are interested in
submitting work for consideration, please contact me at
bpollpeter at hotmail.com.

We welcome you and are excited to have a new member join us. Please, let
any of us know what we can do to help.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Editor, Slate & Style
bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Read my blog for Live Well Nebraska.com at

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan

Message: 1