[stylist] stylist Digest, Vol 89, Issue 26

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 01:06:02 UTC 2011

Jacqueline,

First, I tend to stay up super late so I try to be present on Stylist so
I learn as well as provide any insight I can. I admit it can be a long
process, so I have my waves. In a couple of weeks, you may not see me as
much on the list, only to come back a few weeks later. *smile*

Second, the pitch letters I posted here are specific to public relations
writing. Since so many have shown an interest in PR writing and media
relations writing, I thought I'd share my knowledge.

These pitch letters are meant for pitching or suggesting stories for
journalist to cover. Many organizations and/or PR firms write pitch
letters about events and activities they feel a publication should
cover. In order to have a journalist cover an event/activity, a pitch
letter is drafted and sent to a specific journalist and/or editor in
hopes a person will be sent to cover it.

Query letters are somewhat similar, but different from what a pitch
letter for media publications is, usually focusing on media outlets like
newspapers and television stations.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: