[stylist] [SPAM] Re: the new kendle

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Fri Sep 30 18:09:55 UTC 2011

The first thing a friend of mine told me when I said I wanted to develop
my writing was that maybe I could write an e-book and that there are
lots of neat books on the Kindle.  She feels uncomfortable when I say
anything related to blindness so I doubt she would quit reading their
e-books.  I have a feeling many people are like her in that if something
does not effect them directly they don't feel a need to act.

I think the kindle has a program you can use from your computer to read
(and maybe publish to) their books, so that is probably an acceptable
solution for the average person.  So if a blind reader/writer has a
laptop or netbook, they have a bit of portability.  Not saying I agree
with it but because of the computer program Kindle and its supporters
may feel they have accommodated us.

Brenda