[stylist] humor assignment

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue Apr 3 03:58:00 UTC 2012

Barbara,
This really tickled my funny bone. Four times over and I was still laughing.
You could call it a first grade Primer. I love the baby cannibal, the rhymes
that would help children learn, repetition, and it is one of these rarities
that is so ridiculous  that it cannot miss.
Incidentally, you are in good company to number your poems. Emily Dickenson
did that with all of her poems instead of titles. It is a good way to keep
track. I wish I had done so.
I have a similar poem, and I will try to find it and send it to you. I did
call mine, "First Grade Primer."
Jackie