[stylist] Kids say the darndest things

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 6 01:39:08 UTC 2012

A few years ago, Ross and I visited my dad's church on a Sunday, and a
little boy, about eight or nine, asked Ross if he was Dare Devil, who is
a real comic book superhero who is blind. He's been asked this on other
occasions too by other children, and each time the kid was serious,
grin.

Our nephew, when he was three or four, was really grappling with the
concept of Aunt Bridgey and Uncle Ross not "seeing," and he was aware
that Ross could still see a little. One day he "caught" Ross using his
eyes rather than doing something "differently," and said, "Hey, you can
see too." He said it as though we had been lying to him. It was hard not
to smile.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: