[stylist] Sharing my earliest sestina House of Cards

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:09:26 UTC 2012

Jackie,

First, if possible, could you send me your attachment to
bpollpeter at hotmail.com so I can read it? I'm no huge expert on poetry,
but I love your writing and would enjoy reading it.

Second, don't be afraid to share any writing with us even if considered
controversial. I was taught that when reading others work and commenting
on it, you take personal feelings out of it in terms of content.
Regardless of how you feel about subject matter, what is our concern in
a forum like this is about structure, style, voice and over-all writing
quality in general. We (in a general use of the term) have varying
opinions, beliefs and preferences, but when in a writing community not
geared towards one mindset over another, we really shouldn't judge a
person and their material based on anything other than how we feel about
the approach when writing about a topic and not the  subject matter as
content as a whole.

I can disagree with you on an opinion especially over social and
political and religious concerns, but I can view your writing on how
well you construct a piece regardless of my personal views on the topic-
this is a good way in which to read one another's material since we
inevitably will all have various ideas and beliefs.

Anyway, I would love to see your poem just to read it for myself. You
have a beautiful poetic style, and I always enjoy reading your posts.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan