[stylist] What I've been reading

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Fri Apr 13 14:41:29 UTC 2012

Kris

Very impressive list; I also found Methland to be a very good and informative book.

This has not been a banner month for my book reading.  I got halfway through one book and gave it up because high fantasy is not my thing.  So basically two books this month.

The Third Claw of God by Adam-Troy Castro, a quite good future detective story played out on a cosmic scale.  The heroine is smart, brassy, and has a well developed dark side.  A good book if you can take your future history black.

The Year's Best Science Fiction, Twenty-fifth edition Edited by Gardener Dozois, my idea of "best" is not Mr. Dozois idea of "best" yet this is a good book to show you what is considered good in contemporary science fiction.  The book is huge (according to BARD it's about 46 hours) and gives a great deal of diversity in its stories.

I will have to try the Penn O. Henry award stories.  Is it available through NLS?

Shawn