[stylist] Writing exercise: life story

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Apr 16 23:00:09 UTC 2012

Andie, Bridgit, and all of you who have trouble sharing certain feelings:
All my life I have "spilled my guts" to loved ones, friends, and even some
strangers. For the past 10 years I have been going through the tedious
process of shutting down, and pushing away strong  feelings except in my
poetry which I then share with just a trusted few that I know respect my
writing and my heritage so well that they find a place to put my ideas that
will not shake up their own.
How strange that we are all striving for personal growth and freeing
ourselves from past habits, often from totally opposite ends.
If I had a bottle of champagne, I would open it and drink to all of us, and
drink, and drink!
Jackie