[stylist] Irish novel

Andi adrianne.dempsey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 02:11:17 UTC 2012

Thank you Bridgit, I never know if one of my ideas is worth writing about as
what I think is fasenating may not be a shared interest by others.  I
realize this story will not be every ones cup of tea but I am glad you think
it might be interesting, that gives me hope that others might to.  I know
the Irish famine is a commonly told story but like I said I hope to
accomplish incorporating some of the things not as well known about the
time.  As far as character development goes I usually tell stories from the
prospective of the person but it is still in third person.  I think you get
a double perspective that way.  I like to switch prospective so you can
really get in each of their heads, really feel their emotions.  I guess it
is kind of like a Follett book if you ever read him.  I don't copy him but I
do take a lot of my lessons from reading his books.  I love how he can make
you feel empathy for all of his characters' even if you want to hate some
you cant completely.  Their was only one character of his maybe two in
different books that I found no sympathy for.  However in most of his books
he has you loathing a character only to root him on later.  It really brings
a since of humanity to his stories.  I love it because it is more realistic
than a clear line of good and evil.  In the real world there is no such
line, because everyone has a story.  I guess I want to make an impact in the
way he does by both having relatable characters' and yet get the history to
be felt by the reader.  Follett really is the reason I started righting
historical fiction.  I have always been interested in history and soak it up
like a sponge but his books gave me a hole knew understanding of the times
and places he writes about because you live it through the characters as if
you were their.  If you have never read Ken Follett I recommend his books
everything he writes is amazing excepts his first few books but even he
agrees they were not as good.  His first good book was eye of the needle
then they just kept being amazing.  The sequel to fall of giants comes out
some time this year to.

Andi