[stylist] Gathering Ideas

Andi adrianne.dempsey at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:09:53 UTC 2012

I to am inspired to write not only poetry but stories by sometimes random
bits of input, but I don't know how to write like you, planning everything
out.  I wish I could.  My stories are somewhat planned but I am surprised as
I write because I don't always know what will happen until it does.  With
poetry I can not plan at all.  I don't know how to write specific types of
poetry, sometimes I do but it is purely accidental.  When I write poetry it
is free flow.  I just start writing and do not pay attention to what I am
writing until it is done.  I just let myself feel all my emotions and
release them to the page.  I then make miner corrections like spelling and
change a few words.  Sometimes my poems are beautiful even when it is a
horrible subject and other times it is not worth saving.  Also I rarely
write poetry when I am happy.  I haven’t written in quite a wile actually.
Don't get me wrong, I love happy poems, but writing it for me is usually a
coping meconism when I am going through something hard to handle.  I do have
some happy poems though, mostly love poems and such but I still cant plan
out what I write.  How do you do that?  I might have more success if I
could.

Andi