[stylist] April Telephone Gathering Reminder- a special guest!

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Mon Apr 23 21:02:32 UTC 2012

Here is a reminder about our upcoming Telephone gathering:

Date: April 29th, Sunday

Time: 7:30 PM CT

Numbers: Phone- (218) 339-4300

ID-  568839 Pound

Our special guest is a writer, a teacher, philosopher and native American.
His BIO follows:

 (If you have specific questions, please send them to me and I will forward
them.)

Gabriel Horn (White Deer of Autumn) is an award-winning author and professor
of literature and creative writing. From reservation schools, to American
Indian Movement (AIM) Survival Schools, to public schools and universities,
he has advocated the respect due the history, literature, and philosophy of
Native America. As an activist for the spiritual rights of indigenous
peoples, and an outspoken defender of the natural world, some have called
him an agitator and militant, others a warrior and wisdomkeeper. He is, most
notably, an eclectic writer, whose body of work includes Native Heart,
Contemplations of a Primal Mind, and The Book of Ceremonies. Excerpts of his
works have been anthologized in college texts on writing and for Western
Humanities. In 2004, one of his books for children, The Great Change, was
honored at the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts where he gave a
performative reading.

Booklist called Gabriel Horn. "A generous, searching writer." and his work
".mesmerizing. lyrical. powerful"; The Tampa Tribune, ".insightful and
eloquent"; the American Indian Library Journal, ".too appealing to resist
reading a second time"; and Spirituality & Health magazine stated that "..
Horn demonstrates a kind of radical amazement, a deep feeling tinged with
both awe and wonder.."

For more information, visit Gabriel's website:
http://www.nativeearthwords.com

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Communications Committee