[stylist] Art show on vision thought

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Dec 30 03:54:53 UTC 2012

Robert,
My painter friend has done a painting that shows the viewer what she "sees."
Since she has Stargatz (sp) she sees everything greatly fragmented - her
sight has been declining significantly the past couple of years.  She owns
the gallery where my work is sold, and that is how I met her initially. I
have Ischemic Optic Neuropathy, from 2 strokes (one in each eye), so my
vision is nothing like hers. Mine is a perpetual snowstorm at twilight. The
interesting thing is that we both use an Acrobat CCTV to do our work.
Without the ability to use that piece of equipment, I would certainly not be
able to do the kind of work that I do. Still, a large part of what I do is
done non-visually for that, too.

For my pottery, it is done non-visually from beginnign to end - and I use an
assistant and sometimes two of them, to help me with glazing and firing.

Yes, we are anxious to get this show on the museum schedule - would like it
to be in 2015 so we have two full years to really put it together, but would
do it in 2014 if the museum want it then.

Will keep you posted as it progresses. Thanks so much for your colorful
description of how you SEE. It is so interesting!

Lynda