[stylist] Poem: Rabble

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Mon Feb 6 22:41:33 UTC 2012

Here, here!
Donna

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Bill Outman
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 4:37 PM
To: 'Writer's Division Mailing List'
Subject: [stylist] Poem: Rabble

Good day again.

Following my discovery of the Poets & Writers mag I was inspired to write a
short verse.

I was reading an article on debut poets and noticed most of these folks have
an M. F. A. degree, which made me feel a bit out of my league.  So here's a
short ode to those of us who don't have all the formal training but still
find creative inspiration.

I am of the rabble.

My words may sound like babble.

Sometimes they have the spirit of a rebel,

And stir the waters as if a tossed pebble.

Bill Outman