[stylist] Poem: Rabble

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Feb 12 23:37:18 UTC 2012

MFA is Masters of Fine Arts. It is a TERMINAL degree. Normally you get the
BFA, then the MA, then the MFA degrees, in that sequence.  The MFA is
typically what a writer or fine artist gets. That is someone who plans to
teach at a college or university, a professional degree in their fiield. You
cannot even be considered for a university or college teaching job without
the MFA or PhD degree in English.

For the fine artist, there is no other reason to get the MFA, than to be
able to teach at this level. And, copetition for those jobs is the highest
imaginable.

Lynda