[stylist] Collecting Books

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Feb 19 01:06:05 UTC 2012

Hi Jackie,
I have a Kurzweil scanner. Yes, I experience the same things as you do when
trying to scan books. It is not so easy to do. I did figure out how to put a
piece of blank paper over one of the pages, while I scan the other though. I
cut the paper to the dame size as the book page - and just slip it in then
scan. It works well for me.
But it still takes a lot of time to scan a book and that is why I have not
done very many.

I do not use a cell phone any longer. I decided I really do not need to -
and don't want to make a monthly payment on something i really do not need.
But, I never did use my cell phone much even before sight loss. I never
wanted to be so accessable to anyone, and I am still like that. I live in a
rural village, so I have no need to be on the phone as I am not out unless I
am with someone else.  For now, I am just fine without one.

Lynda