[stylist] Speed reading audibly

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sat Jan 7 18:09:32 UTC 2012

Vejas,
Barbara makes a good point. Some may think that listening to a book
shouldn't require any getting used to. When I was your age, I was still
struggling with print. I didn't start audio books until I was in college. I
found it very difficult to pay attention and used to fall asleep or get
caught up in a thought while the book kept playing. Then, when I came back
to my senses, I had no idea how much I'd missed. Active listening, which is
what you'll need to do with audio textbooks, is something that needs to be
practiced, preferably with the pause button close at hand.
Donna