[stylist] using opposite gender for main characters

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Mon Jan 9 18:42:45 UTC 2012

Vejas,
There are no rules here. You do what you like. J.K. Rowling is a woman and
obviously her main character Harry Potter is a boy. George Eliot, a British
novelist from the 19th century (I think) was a woman who changed her name to
make herself seem like a male writer, because she lived  at a time when
female writers weren't appreciated. Her main characters were men. Then, you
have C.S. Lewis, and his main characters weren't even human!

I think it's rather forward-thinking of you to be interested in portraying a
female. Go for it.
Donna