[stylist] Speeding audio up

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Mon Jan 9 18:49:37 UTC 2012

Donna and all

Miss Donna --- not sure what version of JAWS that you have, but to speed up
or slow down the reading/talking speed of JAWS requires control plus alt
plus page-up, the 9 key on the number pad (not the up-arrow). And for
slowing the rate down, again the control and alt and then the page-down key
(the 3 key on the number pad).

For you all to get what is happening: the above method is a temporary
measure only. And so when you make this change in the window in which you
are, it holds that new rate for as long as you are in that window. But ---
when you move to a different window like from your email where you had the
speed jacked up and go to a Word document, the speed reverts back to your
default.