[stylist] Sun Kissed- Changes writing prompt

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 17:52:06 UTC 2012

Hey Bridgit,

Very nicely done. Not to sound smug, but I think the symbolism is fairly
obvious. The man, the sunshine, the love--all these things symbolize Ron
Paul as the president , who, the woman, America, is waiting for. Things will
be wonderful while he's around, but when his second term is completed,
global climate change will leave us longing for his glory...
Or, maybe it's about Katy Perry and her love/divorce from Russell Brand...
Or, I know, the woman is humankind, and the man is Jesus, and those who
embrace him feel like it's nothing but sunshine and cupcakes, although there
will be cool spells, but then, one day when you need him most, he's not
there for you. Hoping for that eternal banquet, you only get a slice of
frozen water pie...

All kidding aside, your language in this piece is very good, very evocative.
Like a lot of great poems I've read, I'm not sure what was going through
your mind in formulating it, but it's fun to ponder and see if, somehow,
there might be a piece of me in the piece.

Thanks for sharing,

chris