[stylist] tuesday word: vestal

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Wed Jan 18 15:01:20 UTC 2012

Thank you for this information. What a great idea this is!
This is certainly a jump start type of idea for us and I think I might
participate, too. I have not thought of the word "vestal" in quite some
time. Not since I used to lecture on Roman art in Humanities 110 classes on
the Vestal Virgins as I showed the slides of the Roman sculptures to the
students.

I am a former Professor of Fine Arts and Humanities at a small liberal arts
private college in Pennsylvania. I taught numerous literature courses, with
special topics, for English majors. I also taught studio art courses, and
lectured in humanities on art history.

My favorite writers/literature is  modern and post modern.

I write poetry and reflective articles on topics of interest to me. My book
_Concerti...Psalms for the Pilgrimage_ is availabe through amazon.com and it
is a collection of poetry, drawings,  and short reflections that I wrote
over a 10-year period as I traveled and taught every summer in Europe.

I started writing a blog in response to my sight loss 4 years ago.  On this
blog I share my insight into the art and literature world as I now
experience it.

http://www.walkingbyinnervision.blogspot.com

The story of Lynda River Woman will take form at a later time. Right now, it
is snowing here in Western Pennsylvania.

Today, I am knitting and reading a book!

Lynda River Woman
Author and Artist