[stylist] Old Dogs and Old Tricks

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Fri Jan 20 16:55:14 UTC 2012

Brad and Shawn,
It is a funny thing about the psychology behind long paragraphs. I tend to
write in long paragraphs, but since I started writing for Suite 101, I've
been more conscious of doing paragraph word counts. Our  guidelines are that
they should be between 50 and 75 words. I think it's not only the thought of
having to read so much, but the other side of the coin -- the sense of
accomplishment after reading a paragraph. The shorter the paragraphs, the
more times the reader feels that sense of accomplishment. *grin*
Donna