[stylist] 2012 Writing Contest Winners

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sat Jul 7 19:00:37 UTC 2012

Here are the results from our 2012 Writing contest. Crazy! After announcing
the winners at the meeting in Dallas, we also place them up on the
Division's Website. And at that same time, we should have sent them via
email out to all of you!!! Bad-Bad-Bad. Sorry. Never again!

Here they are:

2012 Combined Youth and Adult Writing Contest Winners

2012 Youth Braille Writing Contest Winners

elementary poetry

1st Place: Football

Deven Kimnitz

6th Grade- Louisiana School for the Blind

2nd Place: School, School

Dontay Penn

5th Grade- Louisiana School for the Blind

3rd Place: cats

Joseph Anthony

5th Grade- Louisiana School for the Blind

Elementary Stories

1st Place: The Hulk to the Rescue

Mohammed Shalabi

2nd Grade- Piscataway, NJ

2nd Place: The Story of the Different Sock

Christopher Caiola

3rd Grade- Manalapan, NJ

3rd Place: What My Pet Should Be

Owen Boyl

1st Grade- Manasquan, NJ

Honorable Mention: The Magic Rider

Megan Copeland

3rd Grade- Owatonna, MN

Middle School Poetry

1st Place: The Day in the Life of Zach

Zach Carr

7th Grade- Benld, IL

Middle School Stories

1st Place: The Face

Lashelle Lewis-Smith

8th Grade- Rockford, IL

2nd Place: The Haunting

Megan Marsh

8th Grade- Hamburg, Pa

3rd Place: My First Day Of School

Lauryn Boyle

6th Grade- Manasquan, NJ

High School Poetry

1st Place: A Best Friend to the End

Cyquotta Moore

11th Grade- Louisiana School for the Blind

2nd Place: The World of Stars

Kate Mitchell

11th Grade- Manitoba, Canada

High School Stories

1st Place: Watermelon World

Vejas Vasiliauskas

9th Grade- Manhattan Beach, CA

2nd Place: Being trapped in a nightmare.

Rachelle Broomfield

12th Grade- Honolulu, HI

3rd Place: My Favorite Trip

11th Grade- Kate Mitchell

Manitoba, Canada

Adult Contests

Adult Memoir

First place: Author #24: The Art of Dying

Bonnie Blose

Jewett, OH

Second place: Author #13: The Living Room

Lynda Lambert

Ellwood City, PA

Third Place: Author #23: Downsizing, Bah, Humbug

Jacqueline Williams

Mesa, AZ

Honorable Mention: Author #33: Pin the Sale on this Donkey

Janet Parmerter-DiNola

Loganville, Georgia

Honorable Mention: Author #18: Throwing Chippers off the Roof

Jeff Flodin

Chicago, IL

Adult Fiction:

1st Place: Excerpts from Now, Then and  Forever

Kathy Nimmer

West Lafayette, IN

2nd Place: The Scorpion Women

Mark Chorna

Paris, France

3rd Place: Trickster's Daughter

Amy Krout-Horn

St. Petersburg, FL

Honorable Mention: Tyler

Doris Hampton

Myrtle Point, OR

Honorable Mention: Ceffyll DWR

EvaMarie Sanchez

Idaho Falls, ID

Adult Storyies for Youth:

1st Place: Little Champ 14

EvaMarie Sanchez

Idaho Falls, ID

2nd Place: Stocking Anna 21

Marilyn Brandt Smith

Louisville KY

Adult Poetry:

1st Place: Arizona

Kay Spears

Tolleson, AZ

2nd Place: Flotsam, Jetsam, and the River

Lynda Lambert

Ellwood City, PA

3rd Place: The Writers Science

Miranda Anderson

Muskogee, OK

Honorable Mention: From the Widow's Walk

Marilyn Brandt Smith

Louisville KY

Honorable Mention: Night Dreams

Jacqueline Williams

Mesa, AZ

Honorable Mention: White or Brown

Marion McFadden

Broken Arrow, OK

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Communications Committee