[stylist] Additional thoughts on publishing

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Fri Jul 20 17:22:56 UTC 2012

Re:  to Jackie, an anyone else who is interested in publishing...

I was looking over my own book just a little while ago and found some additional information to pass along regarding copyright and notice of multiple publishing of a particular poem

Here is what I found:
In the back of my book, following the poems there are 4 different types of pages:

First, The "notes" page.
This is a listing of four texts that were important to me in developing my body of work, or authors I have quoted in my texts.
It is done according to MLA format, which is usually the format  used by English and Humanities Literature professionals.

Second, the "Acknowledgement" Page.
This one lists each poem that was previously published  as well as the venue in which it was published, along with date of publication, etc. according to MLA format.

Third: is the "About the Author" Page. It has  a short academic bio of my career, a photo of me, and a paragraph that gives an overview of the themes in my body of work.

  Fourth:

The publisher's Page.

Fifth: the "Colophone" Page

This page lists the details of the physical book, the font used, the cover designer, the editor, etc.

This should answer some of the questions you have asked me and fill in the missing information on layout of a book.

On the back cover, there are two quotes by two well-known artists who personally know me.   Both are internationally known for their writing and art.

Inside, just following the Table of Contents, there is a "Forward" written by a well known writer who has published major works on John Steinbeck and Robert Bly and others.

It was fun to look into my book today and have a fresh look at it.  I think it is always good to look back over some of the things in our life that we  have not seen for awhile. It is motivating and encouraging. I urge anyone here to look back over the works you have published and see where you have been so that you can have a clearer view of where you are going now.

Lynda