[stylist] Sharing one of the Conversations from theTeacherseries

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sat Jun 2 19:43:07 UTC 2012

Lynda,
This is a moving response to Myrna's conversation, which I have not yet
gotten to.
I opened your website and read your blog about the butterflies. It truly
explains to me the title of your website. Your inner visions are very
powerful. I also re-read your blog on how to read a poem, and pondered it a
second time. Would that we were all quick studies on interpreting poetry. If
we are not, should we therefore never risk a critique? Some people say, "in
my opinion," because they realize they might not have a valid or compatible
one or are insecure in saying anything.     Perhaps it is not necessary to
respond to critique until you can feel less annoyed by it. I say this only
because, once on this list I gave a negative response to a piece of writing,
and felt almost reprimanded for it. After pondering it, I felt I deserved it
and had to learn much more about saying everything in a positive manner and
trying to avoid feelings about content. It takes time to learn the
sensitivities entering a new group.
My group of about a dozen poets have been together about ten years with some
of course new, and some leaving. We are far past being offended at anything,
and in fact, grab on to each suggestion and thoroughly explore it.
What a way to lead up to saying, I think it is wonderful that you blog about
so many things that are thought provokers, as Robert also does.
You keep us all alive and digging into our thoughts.
Jackie