[stylist] How to be a Crow

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Thu Jun 7 18:28:48 UTC 2012

Ashley,
Thanks for your comments on "How to be a Crow."
Yes, I did have my sight before I wrote this. In fact I lost  sight shortly
before doing it.
I believe when you have animals take on human characteristics such as
talking, etc., it is call anthropomorphic, as against  personification,
which is giving a voice to an inanimate object. The last is not looked on
favorably for poetry, though I often like it and write some poems as though
I was a tile on a wall, or a woman in an antique lamp.
It is kind of odd to think of the Three Bears as an anthropomorphic story.
As for crows, I observed their antics on my roly poly friend and his black
Cadillac, and my mother had painted a picture of a crow, and I researched a
bit for other facts about them.
If you other poets disagree with me about these two classifications, please
tell me. I could be wrong.
Ashley, I am glad that you are ready to touch and feel animals when you have
the chance. I am not sure that it, and research will make up for never
having seem them. But it could make for a very interesting piece of work.
The imagination can paint a new picture.
You are gallant in what you want to write about.
Jackie