[stylist] Trying to do more research. Anyone know any surfers?

Nat Barrett hawaiianstar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 18:24:51 UTC 2012

Dear List,

I feel ridiculous once for once again having to post asking for help in research, but I'm trying all my angles.

I had an idea for another short story and it involves surfing. Of course, I've never been surfing in my life, even when I could see. I don't know any surfers to ask, and I'm at the point where I think I've taken in as much as a book can tell me.

I tried to register for some surfing forums, but being their small potatos, all of them frustratingly have code captia with no alternative for audio captia. Blogs didn't get me any responses, and none of my riends, strangely, don't have any surfer friends.

Can you all feel my aggravation? It's like the writing gods are trying to stop me from writing my story, which is really maddening.

So if anyone perhaps has done surfing or knows of someone who would be willing to talk to me, I'd appreciate it. If not, no worries. At least I've tried. (smile)

Thanks,
Natalie