[stylist] an awesome book i read

vejas brlsurfer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 00:49:38 UTC 2012

  Hi,
I just wanted to tell you about a great book I read last week:
Chanda's Secrets by Allan Stratton.  The 16-year-old protagonist,
Chanda, lives in Africa during these times, though it's
interesting how even though they had stuff like e-mail, it's
still a very primitive area.  The other interesting thing I found
about Africa during this time is that everybody always had to
pretend as if everything was good, because of neighborhood
gossip.  Anyway, Chanda deals with the crises of her mother,
stepfather and sister getting AIDS.  Although the subject matter
was depressing (and there were some very sad parts), I still felt
the book was very well-written and I would TOTALLY recommend it.
Have any of you read it?
Vejas