[stylist] Publishing advice.

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 15:39:17 UTC 2012

There are many, many options.  You can get your book listed individually
with retailers like Amazon, B&N etc.  Not all retailers accept
independent submissions directly from the author though.  So there are
companies like Book Baby and Smash Words and oodles of others, that you
submit your book to and they do the work of getting it listed with
retailers.  These companies all get commissions of course.  Still it is
very little compared to a print book publisher.  Or if you are so
inclined you can set up your own web site and sell it directly
completely independently or through a service like Click Bank.
Generally the more work you do yourself the greater the profits.

Personally I'm planning on using Smash Words and supplementing that with
marketing of my own.

HTH
Julie