[stylist] I Cry over our assignment

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sun Mar 4 13:05:56 UTC 2012

Eve,

Had you tried to plug in another keyboard? It
isn't likely the computer itself is the issue.
Membrane type keyboards, which is 99% of them out
there these days can have these issues. That and
CTRL keys or alt keys getting stuck and etc. I
would find a different keyboard to plug in and
see if that helps, if that works, you can get
another keyboard way cheaper than a computer. At
least to save some frustration until you get a
new computer . One additional note. USB cords are
what is known as hot swappable, that is you can
plug and unplug them with no issue. Those little
circular PS2 plugs like the older ones? You can't
just plug them in while your computer is running,
you risk seriously damaging the computer. You
might get by with it 8 out of 10 times but the
9th time might be a trip to the computer store
:). The computer has to be off to plug those in.

This fall I  sprung for a mechanical keyboard.
They are more expensive than regular keyboards ,
but they last ten times longer and are the older
IBM type with mini switches under each key so the sticking key issue is gone.

Brad

On 3/3/2012  05:38 PM Eve Sanchez said...