[stylist] autobiography and gtetting sued

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sun Mar 4 21:40:09 UTC 2012

I don't think it is an issue unless they are
painted in a slanderous manner. You cant'
copyright a name or title unless it is
trademarked. And names can't be trademarked
unless they have a particular design/logo/etc.
For instance the now disbanded group Alabama has
a trademark on their name because it is designed
in a certain way, but they cant' copyright the
name itself. I bet there's a ton of Tom Petty's
out there :) Now if you said, Tom Petty, the
famous rocker, is a lying, cheating, dirty rotten
so and so, and he did this and that. It could be
that if your book makes it up the charts, Tom
might want a piece of it for slander against his character  :).

Brad

On 3/4/2012  02:33 PM The Crowd said...