[stylist] Braille for youth and adult contest info and thought

Eve Sanchez 3rdeyeonly at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 04:27:50 UTC 2012

I agree that many blind and visually impaired youth are not being taught
Braille and it is a shame. It is not just a current issue exclusive to
today's youth though. As one of those youth that was denied the opportunity
to learn Braille I now suffer from illiteracy. I am learning Braille and do
quite well but not at all as I would have been had I learned as a child. I
believe any encouragment for our youth to learn Braille and learn it well
is not just something to be taken as incentive for a contest. It is truly
something that will benefit their lives and must be continued for their
sake. They will thank us later. Eve