[stylist] Information on Duotrope (search engine for publishing options)

KajunCutie926 at aol.com KajunCutie926 at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 13:21:37 UTC 2012

Note follows the site  information

Welcome to  Duotrope!
Duotrope is an _award-winning_ (http://duotrope.com/about.aspx) , free
resource for fiction  writers and poets. We offer:

a _fully searchable  database_ (http://duotrope.com/search.aspx)  of over
4,125 active  publishers
statistics on publishers' response times, acceptance-rejection  ratios, etc.
the ability to track all your submissions in your own  submissions tracker

Hello everyone!  I went on the site to  double check my information before
I sent this out to you and it is as I  remembered.  You can search for
publications for free and the  search  form is really quite good and pinpoints
what you are looking for.. ex. genre,  style, etc.
You can sign up if you would like to use the  tracking feature which will
help you catalogue where you have sent your  submissions to which is a really
cool option I think.  They do not send  SPAM but you will get a newsletter
from time to time about new publishers and  the like.  Overall, the
navigation is fairly simple.  I don't know if  it would be so using JAWS or any
similar program but it seems as though it might  be fine.  I have signed up
myself and intend to start using it.  I  hope this information helps and that
you find this site as interesting as I did.  The one thing I did not see is a
comment or blog section about the ratings of  certain sites, if you are
looking for that.  It seems that has been removed  or I just didn't look hard
enough.