[stylist] Intuition

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Mar 26 14:17:45 UTC 2012

Today: I am thinking about "intuition."

I engaged in a discussion with a physician on this topic recently. We were doing a video discussion at a museum, concerning the marriage of art and medicine. Intuition is at the heart of both practices, we agreed.

This brings me to ask those of you who are tuned in to your inner life, your inner child, your soul,
 when writing:

What is the role of intuition in your own experiences while working on your craft?

How does your intuition influence your work?

I consider intuition to be the essence that separates good from great writing and art making.  It is what makes a work a Number 10 rather than a Number 3.

The ability to look inward for answers, images, and guidance as we work makes our work speak authentically.
 Intuition is the most relevant of tools in our "bag" and I think  that intuition cannot be taught. I find that it is discovered individually as we learn to listen to the inner voice well all have,  When Intuition is the center part  in our process of creativity it  is a defining  quality of what and how we write. Intuition comes from within the entire body.  One study recently conducted by a university in Pittsburgh recorded the brain changes that occurred when an artist was working. It was an amazing project that recorded the creative process as intuition took over in the creation of the art works.  I think this is a very interesting topic to explore and to think about in finding our own path in what we do as creative people.

"For poems are not, as people think, simple emotions...they are experiences."     Ranier Maria Rilke

Lynda River Woman