[stylist] Intuition

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Mar 26 19:19:48 UTC 2012

Donna,

Yes, I have been thinking a lot about this subject myself.  It is hard to
articulate. It is a topic I want to explore a lot more in my own life, day
by day. These are the kinds of questions I ask myself while I am working in
the studio.

I think you can discuss it with students, but ultimately they are willing to
leave their safety zone or they are not. It can be such a frightening thing
for a student to even being to think about. Looking inward is something that
some can never do. This always made me very sad when I recognized it in some
of my students. Even the very young ones who came to the college as
freshmen, were already so rigid and could not expand or explore.

Tappinto their intuition is natural for some students who are adventurous
and willing to change as they absorb some new insights into ways of working
and others are somehow at a standstill and cannot make frightening (to them)
leaps of faith.

I would love to have a discussion with someone like you who is writing
novels and other articles that are imaginative and innovative.  Too bad we
live across the state from each other as it would be a delight to have good
conversations with you in person.

My youngest child (who is now 43 years old) was one of those children who
was so aware of the inner world. She is a teacher in Kentucky and we have
those kinds of conversations. When she took a class in Mythology in college,
we had long conversations because it rocked her world and shook up her mind
to grasp the impact of it on humanity.  At another time, I can remember our
longtalks when she first read the works of a contemporary Vietnamese
philosopher, Trần Đức Thảo who died last year. I am very influence by his
concept of "mindfulness." I strive to live a life of mindfulness and I know
it is a lifelong challenge.

OK, I better get back to what needs done here, today, for the moment.
Lynda

I found that some students were so open to discussions and would soon take
steps forward toward their intuition and to unknown territories.  For some,
I think that they were frozen in time while they were still very young by
their environment, parenting, or life experiences.