[stylist] OT: Donna's conversation today

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Thu Mar 29 01:39:44 UTC 2012

Lynda,
Thank you for posting it to your FB page. I really appreciate it.

BTW, we rescued a cat two years ago, after he'd been dumped out here in the
country -- big problem, especially during the height of the recession. He
had been hanging out in the distance for months, but Rich thought he must be
someone's because his strawberry blonde coat looked so luxurious. When he
finally completed his vetting process of our little family and came to us,
he was skin and bone, covered in ticks and worms. We thought he'd been
declawed, because you could spread his toes and not see a hint of a claw.
Turned out, he was just too weak to extend them.

I've never had a cat or wanted one, but I fell in love with this guy, whom
we call Goofus. It was really Hunter, my guide dog, who kept seeking him out
and then decided to share his parents with him. Our local shelter was full,
so we couldn't take him. I have been allergic to most cats, so I wasn't
really thinking of keeping him, but ... *grin* Haven't had any allergies and
he loves to cuddle.

One summer day, Goofus went missing , and stayed away several days. We were
devastated and thought we'd lost him. It was Hunter who found him. He was OK
but scared, so I guess something had treed him.

I like the turtle story. We have a pond full of frogs, koi and several
painted turtles. It's wonderful to live out in nature like this. Everything
is so clean and healthy.
Donna